Tattered and timeworn treasures of the heart....

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

I am a hopeless romantic and I love Valentine's Day....
My husband surprises me sometimes....
this year he got me red roses and candy,
and we also went out for a nice dinner last night..
I was not expecting that at all....
but it was very nice indeed...



"One World One Heart" is also swiftly coming to an end for this year.
Make sure to get your final comments in...
I will be choosing a winner in a few hours and will post who that winner is tomorrow....

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

I am also leaving you with some
Valentine's Day Candy (for the eye)


please enjoy................

**********************************

Sing Me A Song of Love


by Viola Jacobson Berg

Sing me a song of a golden sky,
Of stars and comets blazing by,
Sing me a song with a dream and a sigh;
Sing me a song of love.

Sing me a song of daffodils,
Of nesting birds and peaceful hills,
Of waking spring when nature thrills;
Sing me a song of love.

Sing me a song of joys and tears,
Where happy notes drown out the fears
And the melody lasts a million years;
Sing me a song of love.






"There are Dreams we must gather"


The beauty of our youth has long since gone,
Though our love remains forever strong.
We've had our trials down through the years,
We've had our fun and shed our tears.
We may have slowed a step or two,
But just give up we'll never do.
With gnarled and twisted fingers clasped,
We'll savor our friendship to the last.

(Eugene Mendini, Waukesha, WI)

My Valentine I pray
That thou wilt be,
Not for a day,
But for eternity.


I love thee to the level
of every day's most quiet need,
by sun and candlelight.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning



Time flies, suns rise,
and the shadows fall.
Let time go by.
Love is forever over all.......








Me and my Valentine........


Endless Love

Harold F. Mohn

I cannot stop the hands of time Much as I'd like to do,
But neither can I stop the love Within my heart for you...

I cannot stop the rolling waves As they beat upon the shore,
But neither can I stop the love That lives forever more...

I cannot change what lies ahead, Though good or bad it be,
But neither can I change my love Thant lives eternally....

I would not change a single thing Since the day I met you,
Because the love within my heart Grows more each day anew....

***************************
Lots of Valentine Hugs for you....Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Each and every comment is truly appreciated...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails